The Key to Quito, Ecuador... and Saying Good-bye To Our Adult Kids

What we THOUGHT was going to be a simple stopover on our way to The Galapagos Islands, turned out to be a gem of Colonial American history.

Quito's Colonial Center is perhaps the largest and best preserved historic center in the Americas, and was the first New World city to be declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

 And don't get us started on the gigantic, winged Virgin Mary... CONTINUE READING >>

Also on GypsyNester.com this week:

Post-Parting Depression: Saying Good-bye to My Adult Kids
I've got an issue and I need help! I'm hoping I'll get a lot of suggestions on this post from our amazingly insightful readers.

This past holiday season, we had a lot to celebrate. In addition to our typical yuletide festivities, we were blessed to celebrate my in-law's 60th wedding anniversary two days after Christmas and our own anniversary a week after the new year started.

 As wonderful as it was to have such momentous events smack-in-the-middle of the holidays, it led to more good-byes to our adult kids than I'm normally used to.

 Having The Spawn come and go in such short and hectic celebratory spurts gave me some interesting insight into how I deal with my empty nest good-byes.

 Not well, it seems... CONTINUE READING >>

Show us how YOU are #GoingGypsy!

 Post your best #GoingGypsy moments on Facebook and Twitter and be automatically entered to win a personalized, autographed first edition of Going Gypsy!

We want to see YOU in a favorite travel moment, celebrating a milestone, hugging your loved ones, conquering a fear, or posing with the cover of Going Gypsy!
   
Click here to see how easy it is to share your #GoingGypsy moments!


Going Gypsy: One Couple's Adventure from Empty Nest to No Nest at All
(find out more) Available from Skyhorse Publishing!

Order Now - Wherever Books Are Sold!
Order Going Gypsy on Amazon.com Order Going Gypsy on Barnes & Noble
Order Going Gypsy on Books a Million Order Going Gypsy on Indie Bound
Also available as an audiobook from Audible.com


Follow us here too!: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Google+ - Pinterest - Instagram - GoodReads - StumbleUpon - RSS